Single pitch course (OV-SP)
In the autumn of 2023, the RSAC will organize a single pitch climbing course. During this course you will learn how to safely climb bolted routes in an outdoor environment.
Can I participate in this course?
To participate in this course you need to fulfil the following requirements:
- Be a RSAC member
- Have a toprope certificate
- Be able to comfortably climb a 5B
- Be able to attend all climbing lessons and weekends (see dates below)
Before the start of the course you also need to:
- Be a member of the NKBV (Dutch Mountain Sport Association)
- Have purchased the NKBV 2023 climbing pass (€15)
- Have an insurance which covers outdoor climbing (NKBV offers an insurance for €39.95)
The start of the course will consist of two evenings and one day at Monte Cervino.
- Sunday 17th of September 9:30 - 16:30
- Thursday 21st of September 19:00 - 22:00
- Thursday 5th of October 19:00 - 22:00
This will be followed by two weekends in Belgium.
- 23th/25th of September at Pont-à-Lesse
- 7th/8th of October at Pont-à-Lesse
The cost for the course will be €170. This includes:
- 3x entrance to Monte Cervino
- The cost of both weekends
- Administration costs for the exam
- Instructor fee
- Equipment fee
Not included is:
- NKBV Membership
- Annual NKBV climbing pass
- Insurance which covers outdoor climbing
- Depending on the progress of the group an additional lesson might be organized at Monte Cervino after the first weekend. An entrance ticket for Monte Cervino is €10.50.
You will also need to acquire the following equipment:
- Climbing Shoes
- Climbing Harness
- 1x nylon sling 120 cm or a Personal anchor system (Petzl Connect Adjust, Petzl Dual Connect Adjust, Camp Swing or Beal Dynaconnexxion)
- 1x nylon sling 60 cm or Petzl Dual Connect Adjust
- 1x 1 meter length of prusik rope, 5mm thick
- 2x HMS screwgate carabiners
If you have questions about the equipment you need to acquire contact Christiaan.
Please do not buy equipment before you have been assigned a place in the course.
Please understand that there is only a limited amount of space for this course, herefore there is not a guarantee that you will be able to participate. Sign-up will close on Friday 7th of July at 23:59 after which you will receive a message whether you will be able to participate in the course.
Where can I sign up?
You can sign up here.